Monday, June 18, 2012

11 Second Club WIP - KEYS

As a challenge to myself, I've decided to enter the 11 second club character animation competition every month this summer.

I approached this shot very differently from how I usually animate. You know, the right way. I started by listening to the dialogue, acting the shot out, thumb nailing the key poses, and then finally taking them to Maya.



I would highly suggest this method to anyone that wants to do CG animation. I didn't do it before because it was a lot of work and I just wanted to jump right into animating(also known as lazy). But these extra steps led to some of the strongest poses I feel I've ever built in Maya.

I'll be posting my progress here for my education and possibly yours. Here are my keys almost finished.


Cheers!

No comments: